[FoRK] Atom vs. JSON? Re: Microsoft gets a new religion: VisualStudio Core, aka Atom

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Mon May 4 18:20:02 PDT 2015

> <snip>
> I've mentioned it before here but a lot of open source software is
> slowly being killed by the cloud because cloud providers generate
> a lot of margin on TCO arbitrage. Most open source infrastructure
> software is badly architected and poorly implemented because so
> much of it started with the design of one person trying to solve a
> problem they were not experts at solving, which has punishing TCO
> implications at scale.
> </snip>

Well, well taken.  Since I'm focused on security software, do
you think your comments (cloud eclipse of open source) applies
less, more, or the same to security software, per se?  If you
prefer, you can broaden your answer to include any software
that requires trust built on hostile analysis of the code
body.

--dan