[FoRK] The Great Prohibition - Title IX craziness

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Tue Jun 2 00:41:03 PDT 2015

Why is professors dating students icky? And, to who?

Clearly its not icky to the students and professors who are involved with
each other.

Obviously there are issues of propriety, such as not being romantically
involved with students over which you have direct power - that is, the
students the professor has marking power over.

My theory, is that the "ick" factor is something that older women teach as
a way to preserve their dating pools.