[FoRK] The Great Prohibition - Title IX craziness

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jun 2 09:14:49 PDT 2015

I was surprised to learn a while back that German and Hindi are so close, as Sanskrit was an ancestor to both.  Many words are close
or even the same.  The example mentioned at the time was luft.
http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/closeness-of-the-indo-germanic-language-family-is-not-just-heritage-its-a-mandate-and-assignment-for-us/

Quite a complicated history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples

sdw