[FoRK] The Great Prohibition - Title IX craziness

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Tue Jun 2 09:34:40 PDT 2015

It turns out English and Russian are connected by Indo European.

Indo European "Verkh" - meaning mountain or cliff

becomes....

Russian root "Bereg" or "Berkh" - meaning "to protect" (note: Russians are
often unaware of the roots of their language and will say, there is no word
"Bereg" or "Berkh" in their language - ask them to think of words
containing that root, and they will come up with a few and be amazed at the
similarity in meanings).

German "Berg" - meaning mountain

English "Verge", "Virgin"

The trick is learning how to morph the pronounciations.

Im finding that the poetic connections between the meanings helps me with
memorising the vocabulary.