[FoRK] Python, Re: The collapse of the .net ecosystem

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jun 21 16:17:45 PDT 2015

On 6/21/15 3:44 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> comparison. Now, it just happens that I'm the expert on JavaGlue (because it's mine), and I could fix and extend it (which I did),
> and make it easy to integrate into a CMake or command line or Make build (which I did). There's only one notable hole, which seems
> reasonable to me: A C++ function that uses a reference to an enum as an out parameter (i.e. called code wants to populate it) has
> quite a gap to bridge when called from Java were enumerators are quite different.  I conceived of a way to make it work, but it's
> not easy to add and is likely to break other things for a few iterations.
Err, Java enum that is.  (I thought "Java enum", but not, that breaks the (I hope undocumented) Java rule of "make things as verbose
as possible", then without thinking too much, enum->enumerator when I meant enumeration.  But it's just 'enum'.  Fine, the name is
sane, but the implementation in Java isn't!)