[FoRK] Older browsers are effectively dying quickly

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Sat Oct 24 04:56:34 PDT 2015

 > Encryption isn't important just for protecting your online
 > banking, email accounts, and social networks. That green lit-up
 > bar or padlock in your browser also verifies the integrity of a
 > site, offering a strong level of assurance that the page has not
 > been modified in any way.

I would hazard a guess that I am not the only skeptic here who
chooses to not use smartphones, web-based e-mail, social networks,
javascript, nor electronic commerce.  As such, I read such stuff
as in that article as one part irrelevant and one part an early
announcement of yet another attempt to force the purchase of new
toys on which new algorithms can run.

We need a term in the spirit of "Digital Amish" methinks.

--dan