[FoRK] FoRK Digest, Vol 144, Issue 9

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Oct 25 09:41:13 PDT 2015

Just take pictures with your phone and have them printed at one of the thousands of Walgreens in a short time for pickup.

Or Office Depot / Staples / Kinkos, but at exorbitant prices.  Or maybe the library.

I have seldom printed in the last 20 years, except for special circumstances, but I've kept around HP all-in-one inkjets.  Nice to
have an auto-feed / flatbed scanner/copier, reasonable printer, etc.  The biggest problem, which is severe for my HP wide format
professional photo printer (but not the floor-model level), is that the ink doesn't last long.  I have wasted hundreds of dollars of
ink that expired and became unusable, or in the case of the professional printer, was wasted in daily automatic spritzes to keep the
printer in working order.  The floor model professional printers are even worse it seems: don't buy those unless you are committing
to expensive daily use.

The color laser I had for a while just ate too much energy to be worth it, so different problem.

Recent all in ones seem to have long enough ink life that they are worth having.