[FoRK] wealth disparity amongst institutions of higher learning

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Tue Dec 8 09:58:47 PST 2015

+1.  I don't understand the point. "Wealth" disparity is not really
applicable here... Best students will go to the best schools where the
most money is available... that's a meritocracy... There will be edges
with small schools where average or bad "rich" students will buy
degrees... but that happens everywhere anyways... mom and pop with big
names and deep pockets can get you into whatever school they want.

I don't really understand what the problem is that this article is
addressing long term.