[FoRK] Fwd: Pwning Tomorrow: Stories from the Electronic Frontier

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Dec 16 18:03:36 PST 2015

Sounds interesting.

This is a friendly message from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. View it in a web browser
<https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=1329>.

Electronic Frontier Foundation <https://www.eff.org/>

    Dear Stephen,

As part of EFF's 25th Anniversary celebration, we're releasing a Creative Commons-licensed anthology of short fiction! The ebook is
called "Pwning Tomorrow: Stories from the Electronic Frontier <https://supporters.eff.org/donate/pwning-tomorrow>," and it features
speculative fiction from more than 20 authors, including Bruce Sterling, Lauren Beukes, Cory Doctorow, and Charlie Jane Anders.

Pwning Tomorrow cover image <https://supporters.eff.org/donate/pwning-tomorrow>
/Donate to support digital rights or download it at no cost! <https://supporters.eff.org/donate/pwning-tomorrow>/

The authors in this collection explore the wonders and perils of technology over the next 25 years and beyond, imagining the
consequences of everything from abusive intellectual property lawsuits to out-of-control viral marketing; from over-protective
intelligent fridges to violently loyal cyber-pets.

Imagination plays a significant role in our work to protect digital civil liberties, and we have met many fellow speculative fiction
fans in our 25 years. I hope you are inspired by these stories <https://supporters.eff.org/donate/pwning-tomorrow> and share them
with anyone who may enjoy taking a brief trek into the future!

For our digital freedom,
Dave Maass
Investigative Researcher (and editor of Pwning Tomorrow)

Footer

Electronic Frontier Foundation, 815 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94109 USA.
EFF appreciates your support and respects your privacy <https://www.eff.org/policy>.