[FoRK] The Most Important Article You'll Read Today About The Democratic Party.

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Wed Dec 16 21:01:14 PST 2015

"Stephen D. Williams" writes:
 > What part of that do you think is bad and due to Obamacare?  How
 > does it negate the overall success and benefits?

No matter who gets elected, in 2017 Obamacare will require major
mods.  Exchanges are losing money because Obamacare is yet another
a redistribution scheme -- this time from the healthy, especially
the young healthy, to the unhealthy, and the healthy, especially
the young healthy, aren't signing up in anything like the required
numbers.  Therefore, for Obamacare to not itself go bankrupt the
penalty (read tax, per SCOTUS) will have to go way up to regain
solvency for the Exchanges.  Labor will have to accept the Cadillac
tax, which will be a bitter pill of double-cross.  The legislators
who could not bring themselves to read the 381,517 in the Obamacare
law itself will never get to the 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare
regulations, which is another proof, as if we needed any, that all
regulations favor bigness.

--dan