[FoRK] The Professor Suspended for Saying Muslims and Christians Worship One God

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Thu Dec 17 15:29:02 PST 2015

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/christian-college-suspend-professor/421029/

Without getting into the specifics of her case, I don't understand the
objection. If Christians believe in one god, and Muslims believe in one
god, then don't they have to be the same god? I mean, Christians can
believe that Muslims believe wrong things about God (and vice versa), but
it doesn't make sense for a Christians to say that Muslims believe in a
*different* god, because there's only one god, right? What am I missing?