[FoRK] Drone warefare

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Dec 18 09:22:41 PST 2015

If they are deemed malicious, what are they going to do about it?  Fire a missile?

A really malicious drone will likely be radiation hardened, not be controlled by radio or at least switch to autonomous inertial
mode if the radio is interfered with, have a minimized radar cross section, etc.

We're probably going to have active drone patrols in the air all the time around an airport just to have a chance to react in time.
Plus, awesome ATC video from multiple angles, synthesized 3D models of what's going on, AI interpretation of that and alerts for
runway incursions etc.