[FoRK] geopolitics of low oil prices

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jan 12 15:50:56 PST 2016

There will be a line.  If you make it to that line in reasonable shape, it will be possible to start leaping ahead, or rather
leaping back in terms of body age. Whether that happens much, how much it costs, who is allowed or tries to stop it
(religio-freakout driven geri-terrorists (geri-terries?), of course), what the early adopter downsides are, how philosophy /
psychology / economics evolve to handle it, all of that is up in the air.  Medically, it is already happening.

The line's a come'n.  Be ready to make a break for it boys and girls.  Start your training here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Fire_%28novel%29

Are you bright green?

And that's before we even consider uploading to wet or dry hardware, which seems more likely than ever.  Unless we seriously devalue
individuals in some sense, which also might happen. Perhaps you only get to upload as a collective, Borg-style, when you assemble
enough critical mass of value, experience, etc. What's your denom?  (A denom of 1, i.e. 1/1, means you get to upload with full
integrity.  A denom of 10 means you get 1/10th of an upload presence.)