[FoRK] bad ads

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Sat Jan 23 14:55:55 PST 2016

Acknowledging that advertising budgets make many things free,
I don't think that I've ever responded to an advertisement of
any kind, ever, with three exceptions: 2 classified newspaper
advertisements for cars that I did buy and 1 for an apartment
that I did not rent.  I suppose advertising must work or so
much money wouldn't be spent on it, but "my" share of the money
spent on me is totally wasted.

And I was in the room when Jack Valenti somewhat famously said
that if you turn the sound down on television ads you're a thief.

--dan