[FoRK] tractor tech

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Tue May 3 23:02:37 PDT 2016

> What, if any safeguards does the guidance setup have against
> running someone/thing down in the field?

I'm guessing that's the job of the wetware in the driver's seat.

-Dave

Tractor design has definitely been towards improved visibility: for
at least a decade newer ones have had rounded fronts to improve
forward visibility, and the Vario brochure even points out that the
engine compartment now tapers horizontally back towards the cabin
improving sidewards and downwards visibility (they say 300 degrees).

Where I live it takes two years, written and practical shotgun and
rifle tests, and several hours of community service to get a hunting
license.  An example of the community service hours would be the
people who go around in spring flagging fawns in fields, so the
farmers know to mow around them.