[FoRK] This is not the Grit you are looking for

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue May 10 15:22:52 PDT 2016

Absolutely.  Always have to discount for that.  There is a somewhat opposite effect or view that can be constructive: People who
haven't quite made it as big they want may realize that their moderate success may be more about being the loser in survivor bias
rather than not making the right decisions for the right reasons.  But they have to also keep an eye on a possible Dunning-Kruger
scenario.  It may not always be clear what part in what play you are in.  Cross validation and clear thinking in everything is the
best policy, if you are able.

sdw