[FoRK] Thanks, Jimmy Carter, for Stating What Should Be Obvious: Trump’s Campaign Is Racist | The Nation

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Fri Jun 3 10:27:49 PDT 2016

People who only see others as the color of their skin sometimes believe
We, the US, is just a melting pot where you can turn up and down the
pigment of the stuff that's in it, but it all gets melted together.
These type of people say things like "the browning of America" and other
stuff.

There's others, like myself, that believe America is a great salad bowl,
where all the ingredients come together into a sum greater than the
parts where the different things mix together to complement each other
in new and fascinating ways.

The first group sees immigration as key--and it is to both. The
difference comes when the first group sees illegal immigration as a
necessary tool with stuff like repatriating California to Mexico through
illegal migration and other truly crazy ideas versus people who play
fair, follow the laws, and do things legally.  Expecting someone to
follow the laws is not racist.

If you have millions of people who value and view things differently
like human life, freedom, liberty, marriage, children, discipline,
crime, punishment, civil discourse, treatment of women, worship, work
ethics, honesty, community, friendship, and three dozen other societal
norms differently and documented the past half decade in multi-cultural
studies regardless of the color of their skin, don't you think that
there's a really good case to make that we're mixing it wrong?

The whole K.*{3} thing is just a distant historical red herring to me.
Does anyone on the list actually know anyone who knows anyone who knows
anyone who is even sympathetic to that stuff?

Greg