[FoRK] Friedman finds an acorn

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Wed Jun 8 05:07:33 PDT 2016

Friedman (now there's a blast from the past!) opines that you all in
the States might be in need of a new center-right party:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/opinion/dump-the-gop-for-a-grand-
new-party.html

In my opinion, he doesn't go far enough*: a two party system may
indeed be better than a one party system, but I find it difficult to
label a two party system "healthy", when a multiple party system (in
which most of the electorate aren't members of any party) is better
yet, by far.

-Dave

* and yet, on the other hand, his track record in arguing regime
change might also give one pause...