[FoRK] fascinating decentralized web confab

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:56:40 PDT 2016

IPFS I started mucking with last night. Very easy to use, I went the cli
route and had it up quick. That you can layer it on top of other
services/servers is interesting. NAT traversal is nice to not have to think
about.

For larger local content networks it does seem to fit a lot of needs of
distribution. Discovery issues is a  trail I have not gone down yet.

The DNS solutions I am still picking apart.

For archival purposes there are some interesting use cases. I would love to
see it spread out just for those uses.

I am going back to watch  the parts of the summit I did not see streamed
live but after a while the choir is satisifed it can sing on key. Watching
RMS correct lightening speakers on the use of the word Open though, that
never ever ever gets old.

-tom( https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmRoayyMVKYPbyeZim5YeeGYT6VmFLgdraqEurBPX8VPZc )
higgins