[FoRK] Joyent, cloud service evolution (J. Andrew Rogers)

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jun 21 17:50:49 PDT 2016

That's what I expect in a lot of cases: tiers of communications concentrators / condensers / filters, then parallel I/O channels to
some kind of storage.

In some cases, you may not even want to store this kind of data on secondary storage: fan it into high speed data channels into a
big, fast memory.  Then do operations on that.  As an image even.  So you can use GPUs.  Replicate it a few times for different
kinds of analysis.

sdw