[FoRK] CrossOver for Android RUNS on ChromeBooks!

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jul 17 00:43:16 PDT 2016

Now that's cool.

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/jramey/2016/7/14/crossover-for-android-runs-on-chromebooks
TODAY, *Google released Android for Intel based ChromeBooks* <http://www.chromestory.com/2016/07/google-play-chromebook-pixel/>. AND
*CrossOver for Android* <https://www.codeweavers.com/porting/android> installed and ran on a *Google ChromeBook*
<http://www.google.com/chromebook/>. More importantly, we were able to install the *Steam* <http://store.steampowered.com/> Client
into CrossOver for Android and run LIMBO and other games. MORE IMPORTANTLY, we have DirectX 9 support, keyboard support, mouse
support, and sound support TODAY!!! PEOPLE, we are staring at a Leprechaun riding on the back of a Unicorn while taking a picture of
a UFO. We are running CrossOver through Android on a ChromeBook running a Windows based game launched from the Steam client. *THIS
HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE…EVER!!!*

There will be more testing. There will inevitably be some cleanup work to do. There will be . BUT… CrossOver for Android is working
and real and supporting the Steam Client and able to launch games and is actually playable.

But also:
Greg treharne <https://www.codeweavers.com/profile?id=729412>
Posted *2016-07-15 18:08*
Interesting.   I have been running Windows apps on intel based Chromebooks for a while now.. enable developer mode, install crouton,
install wine, install world of Warcraft.. I get about 20 fps on an Acer c720. I also run the teachers student management software,
Firefox, full java, etc. Only negative is the boot screen 'hit any key to exit developer mode'....  Oh and for warcraft, I have a 64
gig microsd card plugged in.