[FoRK] DC Livin'

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Oct 25 14:29:30 PDT 2016

<delurk>
I recall that a few FoRKers have done the Beltway Thing.  I'm about to
do a one year stint at the US Digital Service, and am wondering if
there's any tips for a temporary bachelor.

I'll be showing up with a (cheap) suit and some clothes, staying at a
pricy furnished studio for a month or so, and hunting for a cheap apt.
from there.  Probably fly home to Oregon about monthly.  As an engineer,
I love "cheap" but as a middle-aged dude, I'm willing to spend a little
on upgrades.
For transportation, I expect to rely on Metro and the occasional rental.

Although I've heard that DC does not actually do "cheap."

Regards,
   Aaron Burt (a very, very distant Friend)