[FoRK] old favorites

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Fri Dec 16 16:13:51 PST 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III <joe at barrera.org> wrote:

> Does The Onion count?

I would have said satire is an old and honored form of humor, and has
very little to do with fake news (unless you're not a native speaker),
but growth in fake news seems to have outstripped our ability to
satirize it.

It was easier when The Onion came in weekly newspaper form; the web
makes it too easy to create sites that look just as professional as
(or more professional than) the real news sites.

So, in the end, it's all Sir Tim's fault.

Ken

--
After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever ,sig material.