[FoRK] tvland

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:02:21 PST 2017

> TVs used to be expensive.  Now they are often less than you pay the cable
> company.  That puts them in the range where they could be provided.

The sets themselves might be relatively inexpensive but the support costs
would be a lot more than  a set top box.

You've seen how they handle those, right?  Damn near just tossed into the
back of the truck.  That and the square footage required for TVs would be
quite a lot more.  Both for delivery and then for support, turn-around and
eventual shipping back/forth for service.

I don't see a cable operator likely wanting to take on all those added
costs, at least not compared to handling set top boxes.

-Bill Kearney