[FoRK] tvland

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Fri Jan 20 18:06:08 PST 2017

Set top boxes are specialty one-off, securely provisioned pieces of
technology with moving pieces (hard drives) and crypto that nobody knows
why they have to pay for it. TVs are commodities, mass produced, and
easily replaceable that people want and want to use.

Why do we even have set top boxes anyways?

Greg