[FoRK] Conservatives planned to impeach Trump all along

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Wed Feb 15 08:44:50 PST 2017

Whatever is going on, it isn’t what is being speculated in the media. See also: Gell-Mann Amnesia Effect.

These articles are written from the perspective of someone that knows nothing about the basic structure and nature of the US intelligence community. Consequently, it doesn’t make sense. There is an interesting story here for sure, the one being reported and the inferences the writers are making just aren’t it. I haven’t been following the news so I hope this isn’t representative, but it also wouldn’t be the first time the media has shown a remarkable capacity to not understand how the US government works.

More generally, I’ve come to the conclusion that almost everyone with a strong opinion about Flynn, positive or negative, has no idea who Flynn is or what he represents in the context of the US government. He isn’t some rando from the IC or military leadership, which is the impression one gets if you were to read what is written about him.

-jar