[FoRK] Engineering rules of thumb and Amazon's HQ2 effort

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Mon Sep 11 21:37:19 PDT 2017

See also: The curse of building a shiny new headquarters

http://www.businessinsider.com/poorly-timed-headquarters-2009-11 <http://www.businessinsider.com/poorly-timed-headquarters-2009-11>

I generally buy the idea that the distraction of creating the perfect new building/monument tends to steal attention from ruthlessly executing the business.

Andrew