[FoRK] Engineering rules of thumb and Amazon's HQ2 effort

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Sep 12 06:06:43 PDT 2017

My "award winning" office building at UCI for a lot of years was
disposable.  They built it and then tore it down not soon after.

Greg

http://www.ocregister.com/2007/01/23/gehry-building-at-uci-razed/

University officials contend that the Gehry building was not intended as
a long-term, permanent structure, and that it was falling apart and
needed major, costly renovations.

The building helped bring UCI to national prominence in architectural
circles.

Time magazine featured it prominently in a profile on Gehry, and called
it “improbably beautiful.”