[FoRK] "If you do not respond (to our scammy ploy), Google will mark your business as closed."

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Sep 15 13:22:47 PDT 2017

A company has never been so lucky that they hung up on me.  I get these scammy calls all the time, even though my numbers are
registered as no-spam.  This ploy goes way too far making that statement.  The guy answered, asked my name, and then hung up after a
few seconds.  Am I on a 'too savvy to rip off' list?  If I would have got the company name and address, I could have made an
accurate report or had some fun at the courthouse.

Pity the poor fools who fall for these things.

This was the CallerID, but as is often the case, I very much doubt it was from this person:

650-851-3995 Redwood City

http://www.whitepages.com/phone/1-650-851-3995

I have a combination of 703 and 650 numbers.  I get the same robo calls on both sets of numbers, always apparently from the same
exchange.  They just spoof a similar number to fake people into answering.  Sprint's anti-spam mechanism is pretty good, alerting me
accurately most of the time.  We should charge any company that makes more than a certain number of outgoing calls some fee per call.