[FoRK] "If you do not respond (to our scammy ploy), Google will mark your business as closed."

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Sep 15 15:29:10 PDT 2017

> Have you been surfing pr0n?  Send me all your browser version and plugin stats.  I'll tell you if there's a 0day privacy scam.
If I were, it would be only the finest, most reputable variety. Sketchy sites should only be visited in a VM or container,
preferably on a virtual desktop service.  I really wish I had subuser for MacOS.  But I could use it on Linux as needed, even on my
precious server:

http://subuser.org/

> sharing code isn’t safe. Every time we try out some stranger’s script we put ourselves at risk. Despite the occasional claim that
> linux is a secure operating system, haphazardly sharing programs is NOT secure.
>
> Furthermore, the fragmentation of the linux desktop means that packaging work is needlessly repeated. Programs that build and run
> on Fedora must be repackaged for Ubuntu. This takes time away from creating great free open source software.
>
> Subuser with Docker attacks both problems simultaneously. Docker provides an isolated and consistent environment for your programs
> to run in. Subuser gives your desktop programs access to the resources they need in order to function normally.

http://subuser.org/news/0.3.html
Xpra X11 bridge

> Most likely he just has too many people to scam because I checked the "too savvy to rip off" list on the dark web and you
> definitely aren't on it.
Heh.  There are many, many Stephen Williams'.  You would think that one of us would get on it.

Since I've been using the same email address since 1992, I can unfortunately posit this:
It's not a spam list unless my address is on it.

> Greg

sdw