[FoRK] Fwd: strange Oh, a wood puzzle in root veg. Chef cheatcodez: cubism, duchamp

Steve Nordquist saigua at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 3 18:30:47 PST 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 15:33:19 -0800
Gregory Alan Bolcer <greg at bolcer.org> wrote:

> Wow, I had never heard of deconstructed quail before, but apparently
> it's also a traditional Polish dish.
>
> https://www.pinterest.com/pin/67765169369353392/
>
> I couldn't find any Erik Demaine puzzles wrt root other than
> Root-Bernstein.  So that reference went over my head.

Wood puzzle, rendered in root vegetables for some grace in
disassembly; were you reviewing Glassjaw's album at the time?

> Quail ascending a staircase seems to be a distinct architectural
> style though I had never heard of that before either.

Cubism's Woman Descending A Staircase c.f. Marcel Duchamp's 1913
Nude Descending...a century (Vimeo includes, B&W, dunno.)
http://stevensebring.com/NUDE-DESCENDING-STAIRS-2013-MUYBRIDGE-DUCHAMP-x-SEBRING-INTER
I can't find the pop '60s rendition of it even for
'Overdressed person descending stairs,' so...find all the quail in this
staircase-first view of a sunny tiled staircase in Rio?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/artist-found-burned-to-death-on-top-of-his-masterpiece/
#never-ascended #unnethack #delegate-thinner-duties #quail-in-velos