[FoRK] crypto

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 20 16:10:24 PDT 2019

I can't criticize them, but Schneier takes them down:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2019/09/the_doghouse_cr_1.html

Excerpt:

Crown Sterling is complete and utter snake oil. The company sells
"TIME AI," "the world's first dynamic 'non-factor' based quantum AI
encryption software," "utilizing multi-dimensional encryption
technology, including time, music's infinite variability, artificial
intelligence, and most notably mathematical constancies to generate
entangled key pairs." Those sentence fragments tick three of my
snake-oil warning signs -- from 1999! -- right there: pseudo-math
gobbledygook (warning sign #1), new mathematics (warning sign #2), and
extreme cluelessness (warning sign #4). ...

These are different claims, sort of.  Still doesn't instill great confidence.
Ken

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM Gregory Alan Bolcer <greg at bolcer.org> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVJrQEVd0I&t=5s
>
> On 9/20/2019 4:02 PM, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> > Need some help assessing....
> >
> > Greg
> >

> > https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crown-sterling-decrypts-rsa-asymmetric-130000324.html
> >

> > NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
> >
> > Crown Sterling Also Announces Completion of New White Paper: “Novel
> > Geometric Methods for Semiprime Factorization”
> >
> > Crown Sterling, an emerging digital cryptography firm, today announced
> > that yesterday at approximately 5:15 p.m. Pacific Time, the company
> > conducted a live demonstration and decrypted two RSA asymmetric public
> > keys at a public gathering at Pelican Hill Resort in Newport Beach,
> > California. Crown Sterling hosted the event with 100+ academics and
> > business professionals in attendance, where Crown Sterling Computer
> > Scientists decrypted two 256-bit asymmetric public keys in approximately
> > 50 seconds from a standard laptop computer. Crown Sterling also
> > announced the consistent decryption of 512-bit asymmetric public key in
> > as little as five hours also using standard computing. The video of the
> > decryption demonstration can be found here:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEVJrQEVd0I&t=5s.
> >
> > Crown Sterling also announced the completion of a new white paper to be
> > submitted for peer review, “Novel Geometric Methods for Semiprime
> > Factorization,” co-authored by Robert Edward Grant, Co-Founder and CEO,
> > Crown Sterling, and Talal Ghannam PhD., Physicist and Number Theorist.
> > The paper includes four different geometric and arithmetic methods for
> > public key (semiprime) factorization and one of the methods titled, “The
> > Reciprocal Factoring Method” includes an analysis of reciprocal values
> > of public keys and their embedded private keys (prime factors) found
> > within their period decimal extensions.
> >
> > “Today’s decryptions demonstrate the vulnerabilities associated with the
> > current encryption paradigm,” said Grant. “We have clearly demonstrated
> > the problem which also extends to larger keys.”
> >
> > In March of 2019, Grant identified the first Infinite Prime Number
> > prediction pattern where the discovery was published on www.arXiv.org
> > titled: “Accurate and Infinite Prime Number Prediction from Novel
> > Quasi-Prime Analytical Methodology.” The paper was also co-authored by
> > Ghannam.
> >
> > ABOUT CROWN STERLING
> >
> > Crown Sterling is an emerging digital cryptography firm based in Newport
> > Beach, California. For more information on Crown Sterling, please visit
> > www.crownsterling.io.

> > https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190920005182/en/

After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever .sig material.