Re: Organizine shuts down one week after its launch

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 12:56:44 PST

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Rahul Dave wrote:

--]Is DIY Do It Yourself? Could you give me an example of such a system/software?

Sure. For instance Macromedia put a copy of the dreamweaver ultradev
manual and tech notes on the cd in PDF format. Since the books and cds
were whisked away from my desk by the local software nazies ("Ve must hav
all yer CDs Und Dokumentations Mach Schneel or itz Za Russian Front fer
you!!"). So when I can upon a section of the manualI wanted a DT
(deadtree) copy of I opened up the PDF and sent off those pages to my
printer.

basiclay the method of DIY printing is

One part document
One part reader
Strain thru a printer
top with bindings (stables, side stich, little funny tublar things)
enjoy

The reader can be anything that can understand the Document. For iunstance
most anything can do .txt files but youll need the Acrobat freebe (or the
equiv there of) for PDFs.

Office printers tend to be the delio for good printing as top of the line
color pro printers tend to be beyond the reach of the home crowd. If your
in an office situation you can also "get" the bindings and embelishments
of your choice.

remember, an informed consumer is our best customer.

With the profilferation of digital publishing (books, mags, tech docs,
manuals, etc),both with the creators consent and often not, it is now far
easier than ever to amass great librarys of infromation on cds from which
you can print what you need when you need it.

                 It's called a "changeover." The
                 movie goes on, and nobody in the
                 audience has any idea.

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]