Re: Divorce: shared custody should be mandatory

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 10:24:19 PST

I think we are seeing more and more grandparents go to court to get these
rights these days, and I'm glad. One thing I left out of my last post is
that Xi's father's mother has no visitation rights, legally, but she has
seen and talked to her more times than I can count. And the times that
her father has aborted visits have always ended with her granny making
her time in the hills more pleasant. I remember one time, when I was
still with Xi's father, he got mad at his mother and told her she could
never see Xi again. Too bad he worked offshore and couldn't enforce this.
As soon as he was on the plane, I was on the phone to his mother, and she
was at my house shortly after to see her grandbaby. (:
I -heart- grandparents.

--
"Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases, think for yourself." --Doris Lessing,
British writer