Re: FoRK This Action!! (P2P's Dark Side)

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 06:25:32 PST

Damien Morton wrote:

> p2p seems to me to require the ability to accept incoming connections.

Unidirectional data flow is next to useless (see TV). As long
as bidirectional (albeit with possibly assymetric payload, see ADSL)
protocols exist, you can't block it.

> What if these policies were mandated by the governement.

As long as you can camouflage as bona fide bidirectional
(especially public-key secured) connections, all is hunky-dory.
Since these are quite useful, I don't expect p2p to be filterable
in principle.