Re: Comments please

From: Tom WSMF (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 13:49:32 PST

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Tony Finch wrote:

--]In particular, the cost of defeating a DRM is negative for some
--]people, i.e. they do it for fun, for its own sake, for political
--]reasons, rather than to get at the protected content.
--]

amen brotha.

And thats why every DRM scheme has fallen since as far back as I can
remeber.

Spiral partoning (apple ][ days), Dongles, bad sectors, passwords (just
jump over the routine), serial keys (pass em around, make a key gen to
spit them out), geographic zones (dvds and playstations), DVD CCA (decss
(i was wearing my decss code tshirt yesterday and had to explain it to a
few higher ups here..fashion is a bitch)

All fall down and go boom much to the chagrin of the companys who spent
millions working out a method. Actualy often its much to the chagrin of
the compnays who spent millions licensing the methods from the companies
who made the methods in the first place. They of course have to be making
mad bank.

History tell us something so plain and so pure that it takes an industry
of dunderheads to misread it.

Street Performer Protocol babby:)-

      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign