Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 15:39:20 PST

Antoun's right, there is no limit. If a baseball star earns $10 million a
year as normal income, his boss should be withholding roughly $3.9 million
of it for the IRS.

However, if you're earning in the high six figures, you have more options
(shelters, etc.) for avoiding taxes legally than do the rest of us. You
also can spend a few $K on lawyers and accountants to save a few hundred
$K. Down at the average income level, people generally can't afford such
high-level help.

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com
 Seattle