RE: Tivo, Fair Use, Video-in-the-Cloud, and Vidster

From: Philip DesAutels (
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 09:18:46 PDT

I use the Hauppauge USB on my notebook and the hauppauge WinTVPCI on my
desktop. I also have an ATI Radeon on one pc attached to my TV, but I don't
find it as open as the Hauppauge boards (which have nice Linux support).

I also have a TiVo, which is nice (with it's added hard drive) for generic
recording and viewing on the TV. I use the PC's for recording programs that
I want to watch on my notebook when I travel, or watching the TiVo while I'm
working (or trying to work). I distribute video across this mess using a
channel plus modulator [1].