Re: Tivo, Fair Use, Video-in-the-Cloud, and Vidster

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 16:30:15 PDT

You should check out Samsung hard drives, they have some that incorporate
silencing technologies. I use one in my PVR and it is probably the quietest
hard drive I've used (IBM are the loudest). Maxtors are cheap, but have a
tendency to develop high-pitched whine over time.

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence