Re: CS rant du jour

From: Joseph S Barrera III (joe@barrera.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 10:42:25 PDT

Also sprach Andy Armstrong:
> I wonder what the difference is. I've had no problem using UK spec
> modems with the US phone system.

Yeah, I don't really know. In my first trip to England, I stayed at a
modern hotel in Cambridge and had no problems using the built-in
modem. In my second trip to England, my family and I stayed at a
quaint bed-and-breakfast in Sutton-in-Surrey, and after fiddling with
the internal modem settings for two or three hours, I figured buying a
$50 modem was less painful, and it was. *shrug*

- Joe

--
Joseph S. Barrera III
Software Architect, Broadbase (=> Kana) Software, Inc.

Wear'ly on I go Only pain and misery I despise you all