Re: Lisp, the secret weapon.

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 17:19:18 PDT

John Hall wrote:

> Eugene.Leit:
>
> This is the same argument you tend to hear for learning Latin. It won't get
> you a job, except perhaps as a classics professor, but it will improve your
> mind ...

Eugene Leitl said no such silly thing. I *enjoyed* my Latin lessons.
They expanded my mind way beyond the point of tearing, letting the
universe in (speaking about mind-expanding, d00d). I owe my current
technical position solely to my Latin background. Heck, I rewrote
Medusa's asyncore loop in Latin, and it served the request even
before I submitted it!