Re: Leave well enough alone...

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 17:24:44 -0700

At 5:06 PM -0700 4/5/98, Joachim Feise came up with the following:

> CobraBoy wrote:
> >
> > and fix what you make.
> >
> > > The QuickTime=81 file format, created by Apple
> > > Computer, is widely used in content creation but it is
> > > not suitable for cross-platform multimedia file
> > > interchange.
> >
> > Excuse me?
>
> There is no real Unix support, for example.

QuickTime runs on SGI. And conversion utilities are available for Sun.
Since none of the applications mentioned by Ms (PhotoShop, Premiere,
AfterEffects, ProTools, AVID) are targeted for Unix that is a weak point.

> > Anyway to read more go to:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/aaf/whitepaper.htm
>
> Funny that this comes from MS. They are usually not known for cross-platfo=
rm
> concerns.

Yeah, I'll bet x platform comes well well after Win support.

Tim

--

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're full up here. ...Nicholson

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>