Re: Leave well enough alone...

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 19:19:27 -0700

At 06:07 PM 4/5/98 -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> > and fix what you make.
> >
> > > The QuickTime=81 file format, created by Apple
> > > Computer, is widely used in content creation but it is
> > > not suitable for cross-platform multimedia file
> > > interchange.
> >
> > Excuse me?
>

>You are excused. I agree whole-heartedly with this statement.
>I recently wrote Apple about their broken, non-platform independent
>internal extensions to Quick Time. I told them that their snail
>video was busted on my QT viewer on both Irix 6.3 and Solaris 2.6.
>Their answer was to insult me for not having a Mac and to upgrade
>to their latest software on their QT page (which doesn't support those
>platforms), and to regurgitate like little babies the URL
>that I had sent them for the commercial that I had complained about.
>
>Greg

Shirley you jest. Do you really think Ms is going to support Solaris? As
far as the Irix goes it's up to SGI to support the latest standards since
they are a full licensee of QT.

Read the Ms page. What does it say? Nobody uses AVI and .WAV
professionally. Well fucking big DUH. Does it seem just a little strange
this comes the same week as QT 3.0 with full cross platform authoring
support?

Hollywood is running pretty damn well on QT and AIFF. Who asked for this?
Professional users or Microsoft's little dick syndrome division?

Tim

--

This email was successfully sent using Microsoft Windows 95 and Eudora Pro. That fact alone, proves that miracles do happen.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>