Re: Water bottles increase sales at United?

Rohit Khare (rohit@fdr.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:08:37 -0700

SCharlesL wrote:
> The winner in this conest is without a doubt the
> subcontractor that convinced UAL to give them a million bucks to hand out
> monogrammed bottles of water and restate the obvious.

Ah, but you see, grasshopper, that we are merely freelancers in a corporate
world, and *we* should be learning from the winners.

After all, it is the *subcontractor*, Lufthansa SkyChefs, that offered the $1M
to any airline that would experiment with upgraded service. The money, like
the very life-force of the male black widow spider, flows uphill...

But yes, you are thankfully not protected by an industry with
multibillion-dollar startup costs, or else you, too, could get away with
absolute crimes of customer service with impunity.

Rohit