Re: guns (Re: Cell phones of death!)

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 09:08:51 PST

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Matt Jensen wrote:

--]For example, take the use of cell phones while driving. I feel I know
--]when I can handle that and when I can't. If I'm on a busy road, I tend to
--]pull over to talk; if I'm on a busy highway, I call them back later. But
--]I was almost hit *twice* last week, while on my bicycle, by drivers using
--]cell phones. I don't know if the percentage of "dangerous" cell phone
--]drivers is 2% or 80%, but while I feel confident I'm safer than most of
--]them, I'm also quite willing to support a well-written law to control
--]that activity.[1]
--]

Great. Chalk another one up on the Happy Drone catagorey.

So rather than expect personal responsability you favor govermental
controls of behavior. Rather than take the time to make the cause and
effects of a problem Personal you would rather blanket groups with
generalisations and GRoup Modification thru legislation.

Cell phones, guns, computers, skate boards, expression...where is your
line?

Controling activities thru govermtnal supervison is hisotriocaly the raod
to slavery and serfdom. You should point your research addled mind towards
historic extrapolations of your constrolistic leanings. The sure response
to any open research will lead you to the mirror from which you will see
the smiling skull of repression, regression and a restrictions.

Meanwhile it must suck for you to live in a world where some people take
thier personal responibilities to thier own ends rather than the
prescribed outcomes of pre planned personas.

"teach your children well.." csny

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign