Re: HTML Hell...

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 23:31:48 -0700

>Sally and Rohit,
>
>I just bust a gut over this one...
>
>by Eric Raymond, editor of the hacker's dictionary:
>
>=============
>http://locke.ccil.org/~esr/html-hell.html
>
>[..]
>
>You Know You're In Style Hell When You See...
>
>angst and pretentiousness
>
>We were originally going to vent our spleen at black backgrounds,
>until we realized that black is not the problem. It's the three
>overlapping populations of losers that compose 99% of the black
>backgrounds on the Web that are the problem. These are (a)
>cooler-than-thou art fags, (b) angst-ridden adolescents, and (c) the
>kind of coffeehouse trendoids who actually believe subscribing to
>Wired makes them hip. Clue: angst and pretentiousness are
>boring. People who spew bad poetry and/or make a fetish of writing in
>all-smalls and/or traffic in fuzzy images of mediocre avant-garde art
>should slit their wrists or join a commune or do anything else that
>will keep their self-indulgent sludge off the Web.
for the Mac, created at Apple computer no less, that changed your interface
to the now canceled (sorry suspended in development) Copland high tech
look. This was a mortal sin to the Voxers. Although the aurgument was made
that 90% of the Voxers use Unix and Wintel machines, I'm sure it was
nothing more than jealousy.

oh well...

Tim

--

Dole/Kemp 96 ________________________ Like A Ghost Breeze Through The Eucalyptus Trees, Nostalgia's Wake Of Melancholy Reverie Clouds The Shitty Past With Tear-Jerking Slop About A Time When Mediocrity And Conformity Were Next To Godliness

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>