Forwarded message:
From: Allan.Bowen@ssi.com
Date: 96-10-18 17:54:02 EDT

"Knowledge is Power", "Time is Money", and as every engineer knows,
"Power is Work over Time". So, substituting algebraic equations for
these time worn bits of wisdom, we get:

K = P (1)
T = M (2)
P = W/T (3)

Now, do a few simple substitutions:

Put W/T in for P in equation (1), which yields:
K = W/T (4)

Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields:

K = W/M (5).

Now we've got something. Expanding back into English, we get:

Knowledge equals Work over Money.

What this MEANS is that:

1. The More You Know, the More Work You Do, and
2. The More You Know, the Less Money You Make.

Solving for Money, we get:

M = W/K (6)
Money equals Work Over Knowledge.

>From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as Knowledge
approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

The More you Make, the Less you Know.

Solving for Work, we get

W = M K (7)
Work equals Money times Knowledge

>From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge
approaches 0.

The stupid rich do little or no work.

Working out the socioeconomic implications of this breakthrough is left
as an exercise for the reader.