Re: Intel, Microsoft, and Netscape. (Educom, 11/23/96.)

CobraBoy (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 07:10:34 -0700

At 2:51 AM -0700 11/23/96, I Find Karma wrote:

>NETSCAPE PLANS TO EDGE MICROSOFT OFF THE DESKTOP
>Netscape Communications is developing software designed to organize a
>computer desktop, pushing Microsoft's Windows software off center stage.
>Constellation, which is expected to ship in mid-1997, gives the computer
>the look of a television screen with a row of buttons down one side.
>Each button represents either a Web site to visit or an application
>program.

NeXTStep???

>One analyst says Netscape's new approach to the browser battles
>shows it's growing up: "Up until this point it's been primarily a
>religious battle, with Netscape saying, it's us or them. Now they're
>saying, we realize we will not rule the entire domain. However, what we
>will do is become the entire container within which disparate pieces can
>be used." (Wall Street Journal 20 Nov 96 B10)

...huh?

>BARKSDALE SAYS E-MAIL WILL SOON LOOK LIKE A WEB PAGE
>Netscape chief executive officer James Barksdale says that the Web
>browser "is just the beginning of what you'll be able to do. The next
>phase will be rich and robust e-mail" that will allow a message to look
>like a Web page and to be enhanced with spreadsheets, audio files, and
>full-motion video. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution 21 Nov 96 D3)

NeXTStep???

--

"The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent. The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb." - Marshall McLuhan 1969

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>