Re: An Evolutionary theory of compatibility standards [Re: The verb "to crash"]

Mark Baker (markb@iosphere.net)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:07:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Rohit Khare wrote:
> MIME also has a role to play, especially since even in the far future, not all
> data will be in XML (Dan Connolly Alert: Rohit is admitting to doubt, hence
> dooming proposition to failure! Bzzt! ... guilty as charged).

Not all data will be in XML, but all data should be accesible via DOM.
XML is implementation, DOM is interface.

Yeah, MIME probably will still have a role to play because of this. A
DOM driver for JAR/SER files won't be activated unless we know it's a
JAR/SER file in the first place.

(he says boldly, but not entirely confidently - hey, I'm learning as I go
here! 8-)

MB

--
Mark Baker, Ottawa Ontario CANADA.                Java, CORBA, XML, Beans
http://www.iosphere.net/~markb               distobj@acm.org  ICQ:5100069

Will distribute business objects for food.