Re: privacy

From: Rohit Khare (rohit@uci.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 15:36:56 PST

>Someone was just telling me (and this is definitely secondhand) that the
>airport in Dallas-Ft. Worth will charge you if you enter and exit within a
>certain period of time, because people were using the airport to shorten
>their commute, and it wasn't built to withstand that much traffic... Not
>exactly the same thing, but similar.
>
> -Mike

It's worse than secondhand. C'mon, Mike. Show some geography lessons.
No one commutes across the DFW Metroplex across the airport. It's
bigger than Manhattan because it's in the middle of nowhere!

TRAVELMAN notes that this refers to the *Dulles* toll road in
Northern Virginia. The inner lanes are toll-free. As the BurmaShave
haiku quoth by the roadside:

The Road You're On
Is For Airport Users
Don't Risk A Ticket
 From Our Police Cruisers

Taking the road to Dulles and a U-turn back onto the tollway to pay
the "short edge" is not kosher.

TRAVELMAN out...